In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the FAIRFAX ADULT SOFTBALL athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
- The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and, while particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately;
- I agree that I will promptly alert FAIRFAX ADULT SOFTBALL if I experience any of the symptoms or possible symptoms of COVID-19 or if I am diagnosed with COVID-19, and that I will not participate in any FAIRFAX ADULT SOFTBALL game or activity if I experience any of the symptoms or possible symptoms of COVID-19 or if I am diagnosed with COVID-19. I agree to conduct myself in a safe and reasonable manner at all times, and to refrain from engaging in any conduct that could increase the risk of exposure to COVID-19 by me or any other person, including any other participant in FAIRFAX ADULT SOFTBALL or any member of my family or other third party; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS FAIRFAX ADULT SOFTBALL, their teams, officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
- I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, BEFORE SIGNING BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF AND I SIGN IT FREELY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE RISKS AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
By acknowledging and signing below, I agree and verify the following: 1) I consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.